Juicy roasted pears. Creamy, tangy yogurt. Crunchy, spiced granola. All topped off with a light dusting of chocolate. Such a lovely treat this is. If you follow my blog, you know about my deep love for roasted pears. I think this may be my third post about roasted pears this season. I’m trying to get my fill of them before they disappear for the season. I prefer Bosc, but really any pear will do. I only buy organic pears because I think they taste way better and I like to leave the skin on.
I am calling this a dessert since I added chocolate, but this would also make for a delicious breakfast. It does have granola and yogurt after all. If you aren’t down with chocolate for breakfast, just omit and save your chocolate for dessert. So, breakfast or dessert? Either choice is the right choice.
In my last post I showed you how to make my Oil Free Chai Spiced Granola with Pistachios. I use this same recipe for these roasted pears. The spiced granola should remind you of a warm cup of chai tea. Spiced and flavorful. The chai flavor is just perfect with a roasted pear if you ask me. Well, and chocolate for that matter. If you make the granola ahead of time this recipe can come together in about 20 minutes. Just as long as it takes to roast a pear to perfection.
I hope you will try this roasted pear recipe. There really is something special about a roasted pear. I’d love to know what ya think. Also, check out my other roasted pear recipes if you decide you love roasted pears as much as I do.
- 1 pear
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened plain yogurt of choice, I use Kite Hill unsweetened almond milk yogurt
- ½ cup Oil Free Chai Spiced Granola
- 2 small squares of dark chocolate OR several chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut pear in half and scoop out core/seeds
- Brush cut sides lightly with melted oil
- Place on baking dish cut side up
- Bake 20-25 minutes, you want pear to be soft, juicy and starting to brown
- Serve each pear half with ¼ cup yogurt and ¼ cup granola
- Using microplane grate desired amount of chocolate over each pear half *
Make granola ahead of time and store in sealed container or jar. You will have left over granola based on how much this recipe calls for