Turmeric is all the rage these days. A major foodie ingredient and huge food trend. You can’t scroll through Instagram for very long before seeing some version of golden turmeric milk or juice concoction. All the hype is well deserved though. I have definitely jumped on the turmeric train. I’ve been using it a lot lately and try to incorporate it into as many dishes as I can. I throw it into soups as much as possible. It makes a wonderful bedtime tea and golden turmeric plant based milk really is something special. It’s also a great spice simply to sprinkle on roasted veggies with some salt and pepper. So what’s all the hype about ?
- used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb
- what gives curry its yellow color
- contains compounds with medicinal properties such as Curcumin
- powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
- helpful to consume black pepper with turmeric, which enhances the absorption of Curcumin
This sauce though. It’s just so damn good. It’s creamy, tangy, and vibrant. The key to this sauce is the yogurt. I also can’t get enough of the color. Its so lovely and bright. I will only use Kite Hill Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk yogurt. It is hands down the best vegan yogurt out there and is so much like the real thing. I never knew how much I missed yogurt until I tried it. If you don’t have Kite Hill, free free to substitute your favorite brand of plain yogurt, whether it be vegan or dairy. This is literally one of my favorite sauces I’ve ever made, and thats saying a lot. This was the first time I ever made it and lets just say it will now be a staple in my weekly prep.
So far, I have smothered roasted potatoes and cauliflower with it. It would also be delicious as a coleslaw dressing or salad dressing. I literally could just drink it straight. With a straw perhaps.
I beg you to make this. You’re welcome.
Eat yourself healthy
- ½ cup yogurt; I use Kite Hill Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk Yogurt, best vegan yogurt EVER
- 2 tsp peeled and grated turmeric root *
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric powder
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice; coconut sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup or honey
- Place all ingredients in blender and combine until smooth and creamy