This ain’t your boring, everyday steamed broccoli friends. This is a satisfying, flavorful roasted broccoli that you are gonna wanna make again and again. Delicious and craveable. No guilt. These roasted broccoli steaks are treated like a piece of meat. Seasoned with a dry rub before roasting brings out a delicious, smoky and salty flavor. It may just be the best broccoli you’ve ever had.
You can eat these plain as is or sprinkle with a little lemon juice before serving to brighten them up. I also recommend finishing them with a little bit of my Lemon Tahini Dressing.
I hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think !!!
Eat yourself healthy
- 1 large head of broccoli
- high heat oil such as sesame, grape seed, or coconut
- Lemon Tahini Dressing *optional for topping
- Dry Spice Rub
- 1 tsp ground coffee
- 1.5 tsp coconut sugar OR brown sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine dry rub ingredients in a small dish
- Feel free to taste and make adjustments to your liking and spice preference
- Prep broccoli by peeling off any leaves or knobs on stalks. Peel outer thick skin of stalks *
- Cut in half lengthwise through head and stem into two "steaks"
- Cut each half into small wedges like pictured in recipe post
- Lightly coat a large cast iron skillet or roasting pan with 1-2 TBS oil
- I like to use as little oil as possible, just enough so dry rub will stick to broccoli
- Place broccoli cut side down and drizzle tops lightly with more oil
- Sprinkle with dry rub
- Roast for 20 minutes, until brown underneath. Flip each piece and coat with more rub
- Roast 10-15 more minutes, until deeply brown at edges
- Remove from oven
- Serve topped with Lemon Tahini Dressing if desired