Nothing says summer like a garden full of basil.
Also, everything is better with a delicious sauce.
This Basil Vegan Cream Sauce is everything. All summer long on repeat.
Vegan. Rich and creamy. Tasty and vibrant. Perfect for all the summer foods………….
Quick and easy to whip up with only 5 ingredients, plus salt and pepper.
If you know anything about me, you know I love me some cashews. They are a staple in my pantry. They are the answer to vegan cheese, creamy sauces, and tasty oil free salad dressings.
I’ve been making this Basil Cream Sauce weekly ever since my basil started coming in and pouring it on all the things. I have shown you some of the ways below, keep scrolling. It goes well with all your summer favorites like tomatoes, zucchini, corn and peaches.
I hope you’ll try this sauce while the basil is still plentiful!
Eat Yourself Healthy,
- ½ cup cashews *
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 small garlic cloves, preferably roasted *
- ½ cup water
- 1 heaping cup basil
- sea salt to taste, about ¼ tsp
- black pepper to taste
- Blend cashews, lemon juice, garlic, water, S&P in blender on high until smooth
- Add basil and blend on lowest speed until smooth and creamy*
- Pout into glass jar or plastic squeeze bottle
- Enjoy within 5-7 days,store in fridge, sauce develops a bitter flavor after too long
I prefer roasted garlic cloves in sauces and dressings. You can roast your own or buy them already prepared at most grocery stores in the olive bars. Raw cloves are perfectly fine too, you will need less though as flavor is stronger.
I add the basil after the rest of the sauce is already blended and smooth. Blending the basil at a high speed heats it up and affects the color and flavor of the sauce.